The Engineered Bar Products Division welcomes you to visit to our mill campus. Below you’ll find maps, hotels, and tips for your visit. If you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to ask your SDI sales representative.
Engineered Bar Products Division
8000 North County Road 225 East
Pittsboro, Indiana 46167-9094
Take westbound I-465 to I-74 West. Take I-74 West to exit number 61 toward PITTSBORO. Turn LEFT onto N. 275 E./Jeff Gordon Boulevard. Turn RIGHT onto County Road 775. End at 8000 N. County Road 225 E. Pittsboro.
Take eastbound I-90/I-94 to I-65 toward Indianapolis. Take the Indiana State Road 39 exit number 139 toward LEBANON/LIZTON. Turn RIGHT onto SR 39/S 39. Continue to follow SR 39. Merge onto I-74 E. Take the exit number 61 toward PITTSBORO. Turn RIGHT onto N. 275 E./Jeff Gordon Boulevard. Turn RIGHT onto County Road 775. End at 8000 N. County Road 225 E. Pittsboro.
Where to stay
500 W. Northfield Drive,
Hampton Inn & Suites
Brownsburg, IN 46112
41 Maplehurst Drive.,
Brownsburg, IN 46112
Inside our facility
Safety is our No. 1 priority. To provide a safe, informative tour, we ask that you read the following general rules and guidelines prior of your visit. There will be many exciting operations and procedures going on around you as you walk through our facility. These guidelines will keep you safe and comfortable during your tour.
A tour guide will accompany you through the facility. For your safety, stay with your tour guide at all times. A comprehensive look at our facility takes approximately two hours.
Medical and physical restrictions
Inform your tour guide prior to the tour if any of these are a concern.
What to wear
• Be prepared for a fairly long walk. The tour may last two hours or more and requires walking on mainly concrete surfaces in an industrial environment.
• High-heat areas may be present throughout the tour route. If you’re sensitive to heat, you may need to skip these areas.
• Tours through the melt and cast area require climbing and descending three flights of stairs and an elevated walkway. Those with physical or medical restrictions are advised to skip this area and begin their tour at the base of the caster.
• Anyone with a pacemaker must not enter the areas around the ladle metallurgy furnaces (LMF) in the melt and cast area, or the areas of the melt deck behind the furnace shell.
• Appropriate attire includes long pants or jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and socks. A short-sleeved shirt may be worn under the provided flame-retardant jacket.
General safety rules and guidelines
• Comfortable footwear of sturdy construction (preferably leather) is critical. Sandals, open-toed shoes, high heels, etc., are not acceptable footwear.
• Contact lenses are strongly discouraged. Visitors who must wear contact lenses will be provided sealed safety glasses to be worn throughout the tour.
• Loose jewelry, such as necklaces and dangling ear rings, is prohibited.
• Safety equipment (hard hat, safety glasses with side shields, flame-retardant jackets, and hearing protection) will be provided at the start of the tour and must be worn in the mill at all times.
• Always stay alert. When driving on campus, watch for large vehicles or debris and obey all traffic signs.
• When walking in the facility, watch your footing and use handrails when on stairs and elevated walkways.
• Stay within the designated walkways and away from restricted areas.
• Do not touch any equipment or products. There are many moving parts, sharp edges, and hot materials.
Before the tour, your guide will go over a more detailed list of guidelines. Inform your guide in prior to the tour if you have any safety questions or concerns.
Any content could go in here.